Masjid Lal DarwajaDirection
This mosque has been built by V.V.Raje, wife of Sultan Mahamud Shah Sharki in 1455 A.D. at Begumganj, a mile north of the city. Its outer area is 212 x 188 sq.ft. It has three gateways and a courtyard. On two of its pillars some inscriptions in Sanskrit and Pali are there which do not shed much light except for the samvat year and the names of some kings of Kannauj.
How to Reach:
The nearest airport is Lal Bahadur Shastri Babatpur, 50km approx
This mosque is situated on Malhani road, it is around 3 km. far from Jaunpur Jn. railway station.
It is around 5 km from Jaunpur bus stand, many local transports are available to reach there.